Friday, September 25, 2015

Crud

Inspirational song: Coconut (Harry Nilsson)

The day started so well. How did it go to crap so quickly? Before I was even done with my morning coffee, I started feeling rough. I said that I was hungry but didn't feel up to cooking breakfast. We agreed to go to breakfast, but I had to wait hours before the man just up and disappeared, claiming he was out front waiting for me to come to the car. I had no idea he was finally ready to go. We argued in the car, and I decided I wasn't up to food after all. So I came back home. I don't think I have spoken a single word since. My head is throbbing, I have a fever, and I'm still holding on to residual annoyance. I tried to work on homework all evening, but I can't concentrate on reading no matter what I do. I have to comment on two classmates' discussion threads before tomorrow, but I just stared at the words, not absorbing anything. I got lucky and answered the ten questions on the chapter six quiz right the first try (we get 3 total). One of my classmates already missed a day to some virus that was going around. Have I had enough contact with other humans to catch one as well? It's looking likely. I seriously hope it's a quick one. Now, where's the Advil?


No comments:

Post a Comment