Saturday, September 12, 2015

Reset Tomorrow

Inspirational song: Just Another Nervous Wreck (Supertramp)

Yesterday I was such a good little student-to-be. I read four chapters in my book, and spent hours daydreaming about what I wanted from this course. Today I have avoided all responsibilities, and compulsively played computer games in my basement. I'm not proud of it, but I'm also not surprised. I am fighting off that melancholy that comes from spending weeks alone, and it makes it a little tougher to act like an adult round the clock. I have a few grown-up tasks I'm blowing off, that have only gotten worse over the four or five days they've lingered. This evening, I was procrastinating everything so badly, I couldn't even convince myself to walk thirty feet in order to eat dinner. Going to have to hope that I remember how to act my age tomorrow.

My bright spot today was getting together with my in-laws. My nieces threw their mother a wonderful retirement party. Lunch was lovely, the company was terrific, and everyone had an amazing time. They had an activity I'd never thought of before. In the same style as a wine tasting, they had a chocolate tasting. There were six plates of chocolate pieces, unidentified, and we had papers to fill out regarding the scent, texture, flavor, and finish. Then after everyone had a chance, we were told what each one was. Some were unusual, like bacon-filled, or hot pepper and pop rocks flavored. It was a lot of fun. I wish someone had suggested it to me a couple years ago when we were looking for new activities for our wives' club.

I've failed you again. I took exactly one photo in the last day, and it really wasn't something to share. I don't even have any old ones to dig out that are worth anything. I'm going to have to make it up tomorrow. I'm sure I'd rather take pictures than read anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment