Monday, September 14, 2015

Seeing What I Want to See

Inspirational song: Roadhouse Blues (The Doors)

Don't you love the feeling of knowing you are exactly where you need to be, exactly when you need to be? I've been home from the first night of class for almost an hour (dinner was a higher priority than writing), and I am feeling so positive and hopeful for the near future, I keep catching myself smiling. I had a lot of choices for where to study for real estate licensure. I could have done all my work online, or all in class. This is the only school in the region offering a hybrid class. It's a bit of a drive (almost an hour in minimal traffic), but none of my options were in town, if I wanted any sort of classroom experience. Now that I have met the instructor, had a few hours of classroom time with the other seven folks who are going on this ride with me, and gotten a good idea what it's all about, I am absolutely certain I made the right choice. This is going to be an awesome couple of months.

My alone time is nearly over. Mr S-P is most of the way back. But he made a detour along the way, adding two extra days, so I have an extension on my single dog parenting. I'm not too proud to admit I've been in over my head with the handicapped dog care these last three weeks. I try, I really do. But I'm not nearly as good with dogs as I am with cats. I watch the livestream of the kitten in BC, the one who lost both his back feet, and think he would be easier for me to handle than Murray. But trading is not an option, and Murray is stuck with me for the rest of his life. I told Zoe her papa was flying back this morning, and she spent a lot of time watching for him out of the front window. I hated to break it to her that he wasn't going to drive up this afternoon.

I captured a series of pictures that really told a story today. Well, if not a whole story, they storyboarded a full scene. Alfred was minding his own business, tromping in the ficus tree, when two separate black cats decided they needed to mess with him, and harsh his buzz. Every day. This is what I see every day.









No comments:

Post a Comment