Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Inside/Outside

Inspirational song: Dream a Little Dream of Me (Ella Fitzgerald)

Not sure how long I'm going to stare at a blank page before I admit the truth. I got nothin'. I didn't sleep at all last night, no matter how hard I tried. I used the best trick in the book, listening to tv on the radio all night. (And I do not mean the band by that name--I mean cable news on the satellite radio app. Can it get more boring?) So today was a recovery day. By that I mean the most productive thing I did was move the lawn mower from where it had been abandoned in the front yard, followed by falling asleep awkwardly in my chair.

I used to dream of being wildly successful in business. I once thought I'd be a great CEO, making big decisions about corporate strategies. My life goals have changed so dramatically, I can't reconcile that I once even had dreams about that sort of thing. I'm not sure I ever really had the energy or drive to do it. Now, my world revolves around the idea of home. I care about making my own home comfortable for me and the living creatures who pass through it. Given the choice, I will almost always prefer to stay in my home, as I did today. I can only hope that more often than not, it will result in something worth writing about.


No comments:

Post a Comment