Saturday, May 20, 2017

Work It

Inspirational song: Let Em In (Paul McCartney & Wings)

Three weekends in a row, open houses. I almost feel like I'm doing real work.

This was the first time I've held a house open in my own town since the very first one I did, back in January of last year. It was nice not having to drive half an hour or more after standing for all that time. I was a little surprised that I had so few people come through the door today, though. Start to finish, I'm pretty sure I saw only about fifteen people. I set out signs early this morning, and posted on two Craigslist regional boards. It was even a beautiful day. Easily half of the people who came in today were just neighbors who saw the house as it was being rehabbed, and wanted to see the finished product. I much prefer it when there is a steady flow of people, asking lots of questions about the place. When it's slow, I tend to just stand in one spot, and that allows my muscles to freeze up. I probably should have stretched out like it was a track meet. By the time I came back, I admitted defeat and took a muscle relaxer in the afternoon. I changed into a swimsuit, thinking I was going to soak my aching body in the hot tub. Before I could make it all the way outside, I was falling asleep in my chair. The Mr convinced me to go lie down flat, so that it didn't hurt worse, and I ended up sleeping for two hours. Ever since I have been groggy and slow. I have a second open house scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. I can only pray that I see double or triple the traffic, so that I'm distracted enough not to focus on how sore I am. That, or I remember to limber up first. Maybe both.




No comments:

Post a Comment