Friday, May 26, 2017

The Long View

Inspirational song: Spinning Wheel (Blood, Sweat & Tears)

For the first time since this whole nonsense started, it feels real and possible. We have a goal that isn't pie in the sky. After talking to a banker a couple of days ago, my daughter has a budget and a plan, and may actually get a house. It won't be immediate. There are a few hurdles to clear so that the budget represents Colorado realities, but we are on the track and entering the starting gate. We went on a real showing today, not a "let's go for the hell of it" showing. I'm going to set her up to get emails as soon as houses hit the MLS. Time to track trends and time the market. It's a marathon not a sprint with this one, but the race is indeed on.

At my last trip to the closing table, while we waited for the magic to happen behind the scenes, my buyers and my boss and I chatted about market trends. I hope he is right that our cyclical market correction will be on time, somewhere in the next year. That would give me hope that I could get my daughter into a mortgage that won't leave her house poor. I'd also like to be able to do my job without freaking out about multiple offer situations with escalation clauses, but I refuse to hold my breath on that happening anytime soon.

I spent a lot of time out and about today. While it was clear sailing when we went to the Four Hundred Dollar store (our track record at Costco hasn't been very good lately), there were several gigantic storms off in the distance. One was way out south and east of Denver, one was up by the Wyoming border. Both were amazingly pretty. My photos didn't do them justice.






No comments:

Post a Comment