Tuesday, May 16, 2017

MOR

Inspirational song: Dear Diary (The Moody Blues)

First things first. Can all my regular readers pause just a moment and think of happy birthday thoughts for my mommy? In years past, I've waxed poetic about her life arc as my public felicitations, but I think this year, she'd be happy just to have a little burst of positive energy from all of you. Like a little bump in the Force.

My hair is still on fire, same as yesterday. Maybe burning a little more brightly even. It's gone from the candle altar in the Catholic church to a row of oxyacetylene torches on high. It could go higher, but I'm trying to pace myself. I think there are a whole lot more shoes to drop over the next weeks/months. I expect a human centipede's worth of shoes to come. I've had the wind knocked out of me twice today, listening to the news. First, when a certain country was identified, and then second when a few lines from a memorandum were spoken aloud. And again, I wonder anew what fresh monkey feces will hit the walls tomorrow.

In conversation with my eldest child this evening, I showed her a logo off of Twitter. I've been considering getting a tiny tattoo of the circuit diagram symbol for a resistor. Just a zigzag line with straight lines coming out of either side of it. I was dragging my feet on getting it though (resisting as it were), knowing that the base charge of any studio I go to will be sixty bucks. It seems excessive for such a little thing. So when I saw this on Twitter:



... I wrote to my daughter and asked, "Do you think this would make the studio minimum seem more appropriate?" She said she never pegged me as an American flag tattoo kind of person. I replied, are you kidding, I am obsessed with flag-themed decor and tchatchkis. Later in the afternoon, I had to go to the only craft supply shop in town that carries fabric. I hadn't made it five steps in the door before my head swiveled and I was inexorably drawn to the 4th of July junk that is already featured. I didn't buy any of it, especially once I saw every single price tag said "Made in China." But yeah, it gets me every time.






No comments:

Post a Comment