Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Crash

Inspirational song: Fall On Me (R.E.M.)

Murray sort of summed up my day, fairly early on. Late morning, I finally wandered around, looking for the pills I was supposed to be taking, and I looked outside in the back yard. There was Murray, tipped over in his wheels, just hanging out by the raspberry wall. I was still in jammies, and the whole reason I was looking for pills was to try to make my shoulder (well, I think it is the top of the trapezius, to be specific) hurt less. I really didn't want to try to lift a wiggly dog, even if he is the lightest of the three. I had guilt, but I left him there until the Mr could get home and right his ship. In a nutshell, that was my day: things that needed doing, that couldn't be left forever, but I just didn't have the wherewithal to address right now.

Those pills were hard to find. I am supposed to take them in the mornings, so I left them on a table, waiting for the right time. I should not have left them unattended. I found the muscle relaxers on the floor near the table. The steroids were nowhere around. I walked in circles, cursing the fact that a little plastic bottle holding a few bits that rattle is an irresistible draw to a naughty little kitten. I eventually found them under a chair, behind the box that the boy hides in.

Twice this afternoon, the kitten threw a large lantern onto the floor. I am not sure how the bits of colored glass that he knocked out of the panels didn't actually break. He was trying to attack the little candle holders that hang from the ceiling, in the pass-through wall behind the piano. It's his favorite thing to do, jump up from the chair to the piano, through the wall, over the table, onto the trash can, and across to the coffee maker. He knocks my stuff to the ground, opens the lid of the trash can, and generally causes mayhem. I thought I was going to kitten-proof the house, and I just let it all go when I started dealing with an increased schedule of doctor visits. Now it's every day, something gets pushed over, scattered, or crashed. Slowly, I'm thinning things out. They either get put away or they break. It's a pain, but it's worth it. He's worth it. The little scamp.


No comments:

Post a Comment