Thursday, December 28, 2017

All Things End Sometime

Inspirational song: The End (The Doors)

I needed time to mourn a little this evening before I started writing. And I made the mistake of mourning one thing by getting emotionally involved in something else that I had to process before I could move on.

According to the arrangements we made last week, River is heading home tomorrow. Her mommy's roommate is picking her up and taking her back to their house in the morning. I spent extra time cuddling with her today, now that she has gone past just being used to me as the human who feeds her to deciding I was okay and worth her attention. The first day or two she would scamper away anytime we reached for her, and she bounced around, talking to us, letting us know how bored she was in an empty house by herself. By yesterday she was willing to curl up with me in a blanket I brought over, after she was through eating, playing, and reciting her monologue. Today, all I had to do was sit on the couch, and within a minute or two, she was crawling all over me, purring, and settling in to snuggle and nap. I feel like I have been blessed by Mother Nature when this tiny girl trusts me so much that she finds me relaxing and soothing. Tomorrow will be so sad when she goes home.

After I put her to bed and shut off the lights at my neighbor's house, I came back and crawled into my own bed. I indulged in watching the Christmas episode of Dr Who that aired two days ago. It was the end of the twelfth Doctor, and the first glimpse of the thirteenth. I came into this fandom very late. When Peter Capaldi was hyped as the twelfth, and there were marathons and biopics to get me up to speed. I binged on as much as I could to teach myself the basics, and then I came in ready for Capaldi to be my forever favorite Doctor. I like the direction they are going to go with the next Doctor, but I am unavoidably sad over the loss of "my first Doctor."

I needed my break from the world after a rough holiday, but today was back to work to some extent. I have clients flying out here in about three weeks. I liked hiding from my responsibilities, but that little "vacation" (if it could be called as such), has come to an end. The real world intrudes. Tomorrow will be busy too.



No comments:

Post a Comment