Friday, December 22, 2017

Running Out of Seconds

Inspirational song: Late in the Evening (Paul Simon)

No... wait... how is it already the end of the week? For a year that dragged out unusually long for all of us (or at least made us feel like we just aged a decade in a single year), it sure is coming up quickly on a screeching halt. Once we passed mid December, the time that had been slowed down started moving at warp speed.

I don't know about y'all, but I am panicked. I have more things to do than time to do them in. I've already missed a bunch of deadlines that have passed. The only way I can settle this panic building inside me is to remind myself that everyone else in the entire world has their own life, billions going simultaneously without my input, and there are very few people who will ever notice or know that I had intentions of doing anything for/with them that I failed to accomplish. Most of the people who have a reasonable expectation of a gift or visit from me understand my physical limitations, and they are accustomed to cutting me slack (which I so often need).

Until I can get my act together, can I just say to all of you--close family, distant family, close friends, friends who have just popped back up in my life, former and future clients--I have been thinking about you guys a lot lately. I'm finding it difficult to focus on any one thought long enough to act, but I keep wanting to reach out and write or call, as appropriate. My scattered status quo makes it hard to prove it, but I do think of you. Many of you have sent me cards in the last two weeks. Thank you. My desire to send cards back overwhelms me, but that's part of the blockage, not the impetus to act. I admire those of you who are able to write and mail cards. I'm openly admitting now that I will not be trying to add that to my list.

I spent hours out and about today, but all of my photos are of price tags on things I'm still considering buying. I'll go back to mid-week and use a picture of the three lovely ladies I saw when I was with some clients. It's late and I still have work to do, so it will have to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment