Monday, December 25, 2017

Beat the Buzzer

Inspirational song: Holiday (Madonna)

How does the rhyme from Dr Who go? At least I recall the end of it is "Tick tock goes the clock, and time runs out for River.." I'm out of time and thoroughly freaked out. It's past two in the morning and I have a ton of stuff to do. I'm about to get back to it, and I'm planning on doing my handwork until I fall asleep on it.

Starting today, I get to babysit River, Harvey's sister. So far it has been terrific hanging out with her. She was bored overnight without her mommy around, so she ran loops around me, telling me all about her day. There wasn't snuggling per se, but she absolutely wanted my company. We wondered whether she and Harvey would remember each other, so while our dinner was in the oven, we carried him next door to where River is spending her holiday. Sadly, even through the mesh of carrier, they couldn't find common ground. Two months out from the nest, and there was nothing but hissing. Oh, well. It was a nice try. It's a shame that this family reunion went poorly. They used to be closer than any of the others in the litter.

Okay, back to finishing my projects. Wish me luck. And since I won't be writing again until late on the 25th, you all get to be the first ones to whom I wish a Merry Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment