Monday, December 18, 2017

Closed Off

Inspirational song: Paint It Black (The Rolling Stones)

Sure, they say never to go to bed mad. But have they ever expressed an opinion on going to bed just kinda over it? I meant over everything and not amused by anyone or anything? 'Cause that's where I'm at, and it's bedtime. So what's my game plan?

I had a crap ton of things I was supposed to do today. I didn't have the energy to get even a quarter of them started. My biggest accomplishment was something not even on the list until I got a surprise phone call warning me that someone I didn't expect would be coming to my house this week. I thought I had an extra day before I needed to tidy up, but instead I had to set about cleaning the kitchen so that it wasn't so hard to get it all done by Wednesday. And while I was at it, I pulled out a whole bunch of debris that was cluttering up the floor of my utility room, threw a bunch out, and stacked the rest in ways that made sense. I cleared and mopped the floor, and was able to close the pantry doors. That's my amazing feat of strength: being able to walk all the way up to the pantry and close the doors. Yay, me.

Tomorrow is going to be an ugly busy day. It starts ludicrously early, with a board meeting, so waxing poetic about mopping a floor has to stop. I'm putting my cranky, grumpy self to bed. Maybe magic will happen and I won't still be grumpy by 6 am.


No comments:

Post a Comment