Saturday, December 9, 2017

Syrupy

Inspirational song: Cherry Bomb (John Mellencamp)

It has been months, maybe more than a year, since I had a real Annie's Test Kitchen post. I haven't been putting many recipes to paper lately. I'm still creating them when I have the energy. Nothing seems to be immortalized, though. It's a shame. Some of the stuff I've been working on have been really good. I'm not sure I have the discipline to make that cookbook I wanted to compile of all of these recipes. Writing the process down seems to suck the joy out of cooking.

I wish I could have taken credit for the specific recipe I used today. It was a cheesecake inspired by Pinterest, and modified by me. The results were delicious. And I happen to have enough of everything to make a second one in the near future. (I took this one to a party, and left it.) It had an almond crust, a basic cheesecake recipe flavored with Marachino liqueur, a chocolate ganache swirled in, and cherries on top with a homemade syrup that was delicious.

Making the cheesecake was my one real accomplishment today, and I am amazed that I got that far. I keep nodding off, and even a long nap through a painful televised basketball game (I thankfully slept through the end of the game so I don't know how bad the score was), I am still dragging my tail. After decades of testing and learning what my health limitations are, I am constantly surprised by days when I need multiple naps. It isn't as much fun as it sounds, and it really makes composing difficult. My head keeps lolling as if my brain has gained an extra several pounds, and I keep zoning out in between sentences. I wish I could be eloquent or funny, but right now, all I can do is be proud of my culinary skills. I'll try to be more interesting some other time.




No comments:

Post a Comment