Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Stretch Out

Inspirational song: Peaceful Easy Feeling (The Eagles)

I stayed up later than I meant to once again. I should have given up more than an hour ago, so that I could sleep enough and wake on time for physical therapy early in the morning. Instead, I stayed up watching TV, playing games, and being chatty. I did this to myself. But I do have to show you what I live with, and why just going to sleep would have been difficult anyway.



I leaned out to take this picture, but I already had one leg hanging off the side of the bed. My right leg was bent, wedged between Athena and Rabbit. We were taking up less than an eighth of my king sized bed, and neither cat had any intention of letting me spread out and enjoy the space I'm supposed to have. If I move them, Athena gets offended and leaves the room. Rabbit whines in her old smoker lady voice, feeding me guilt for removing the barnacle from my side. How horrible I am for wanting to straighten my legs once every hour.

I've been trying to do my PT home exercises, and I am truly stunned by how hard some of them are. It actually hurts doing the one where I stand with one hand on a wall, and straighten my elbow. So I have to admit that these were necessary. But I still want the special treatment I was promised, to address the muscle that feels like it is torn. I have to pick up the topical steroid for that treatment on my own, and I only tonight got the message that it was at the pharmacy (which won't open until after my appointment tomorrow). More delays. And the exercises, as simple as they are, just make it hurt more. I think I'm making myself grumpy. Those cats are back on the bed, scootching themselves closer and closer. Time to cuddle and go to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment