Saturday, May 5, 2018

In the Wrong Order

Inspirational song: Up All Night  (Boomtown Rats)

I have made a grave error. I had a long list of tasks to accomplish today, and I did everything in the wrong order. I found myself wandering into the shower after midnight, to rinse the hair dye out after touching up my roots. I had already painted my nails before I went in, so naturally I destroyed two nails completely and had to re-do them. I know I got through most of what I needed to do during the day, even though at the last minute I made some major changes to my goals. But it took me all freaking day, and more money than I meant to spend. I was literally staggeringly tired in the shower. Now I'm typing carefully, in the futile hope that I don't put more ripples in the plasticky top coat of nail polish. It's not going to work. Chances are probably about 90 % that I'm going to tuck un-cured nails under my chin while I sleep, or run them through my still-wet hair multiple times over night.

I have to be back up again in six hours. I have to bail on this and try to sleep, even though I'm wound up tight and trying to plan tomorrow's schedule. It's no fun being too tired to sleep. I can't afford not to try.




No comments:

Post a Comment