Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Spring Fever

Inspirational song: The Lusty Month of May (Camelot)

I'm pretty sure my house was full of ten year olds on a massive sugar high tonight. All of the adults who were supposed to be present were nowhere to be seen. Instead it was rowdy kids who were bound and determined to misbehave. In an echo of last Thursday's game night, the whole crowd was wiggly and loud, and absolutely nothing progressed. I took a little of the blame last week for cheesing off the GM. This week, it wasn't just me. The boys were especially loud, and I was more just checking out mentally. I discovered while I was still tidying the house and the guys were showing up, that my slight nagging feeling that I'd been punched in the kidney ramped up to distracting pain that made me cranky and unamused for the first hour of game night. I had to cave in and do what I haven't in months, and take a tramadol to ease things off. Now I'm groggy and my face is numb. I refuse to be deep or eloquent. I'm going to make this quick and I'm going to see how fast I can fall asleep. (Generally it doesn't happen fast, but I have hopes.)

Dear Jackie was determined to be the center of attention as literally as I can express that. She jumped onto the table about six times, and settled down in front of everyone at least once. Halfway through the night, she faced Mr S-P, and showed her displeasure at not getting enough attention by trying to eat one of the game figures. He took her picture several times, but it was mostly blurry. You can't tell, but she's eating a little plastic bard who has a magical swirl coming up out of his lyre.

Tomorrow's regularly scheduled game will be replaced by hot tub game night, in which we take turns soaking and playing mah jongg on the little patio table outside. It hadn't occurred to me until now that we never did reintall the outdoor flood lights after we painted the eaves years ago. I should probably find a light source for the mah jongg table. Tomorrow is going to be all about the setup. I need to rest up before then.




No comments:

Post a Comment