Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Starting a Trend

Inspirational song: Travelin' Man (Ricky Nelson)

This is a really tough blog to piece together. I know I was busy all day. I am physically and mentally exhausted. I have no idea how to pull a coherent story line out of any of it. I felt like I was dashing from task to task, and nothing stands out as noteworthy, or at least tells a good story. It was cold and rainy all day, which worked to my advantage while I was outside pulling stacks of weeds and dead stalks from the front corner flower garden (the Unless garden). I helped Mr Smith unload a couple truckfuls of lumber that he salvaged for free, that will form the skeleton and possibly floor, walls, or roof decking of his little mountain shed. Between these things I wore out my arms and shoulders, and because of them I took a muscle relaxer. That might account for why the rest of the day is a blur.

Our regular game night didn't work out tonight, but those of us who were in attendance (it was at my house, so of course I was there) found an alternative to our usual campaign. We pulled out the mah jongg kit and brushed up on it. This time the distribution of wins was much more even. Everyone except Mr S-P got at least one win (but since he only played the last hand of the night, he had less opportunity than everyone else.) Next week we have one of our Thursday night players scheduled to be absent for surgery, and since he is the most creative of all of us, we decided not to advance the D&D game without him. Instead, we'll have a hot tub game night, with a rotating quartet playing mah jongg at the patio table, and people going in and out of the spa. If this goes off like I think it will, it should be a thing, a scheduled event. I'm going to start a trend. It could be its own category on Evite.

I don't have much else for tonight. I'll fall back on pretty pictures. Bruno the lizard was particulary photogenic today. It's as good a place as any to start.





No comments:

Post a Comment