Friday, August 3, 2018

Homework

Inspirational song: Wilkommen (Cabaret)

It's just the worst, getting to the end of the day, starting to yawn and stretch and know that you are headed to bed in mere moments... only to realize you have a whole lot of computer work that you've put off until later, that must be done before midnight, or at least before dawn the next day.

I contracted to do two different open houses this weekend, and I got most of my stuff set up before sundown. I had the appointments set and confirmed, and I washed off the dry erase on my open house signs (yes, washed, with a magic eraser and Simple Green, else it wouldn't come off the plastic). I still need to print out MLS listing pages, but I can do that in the morning. What couldn't wait was posting to Craigslist, if I want to have any hope of getting feet through the door. These aren't my listings, as per usual (I actually enjoy holding these for my friends and coworkers, so it's not a complaint), so I have no control over the MLS to get the open houses listed there. I always worry that the notices won't get in and I won't have any traffic. I'm not going to let myself get worked up over it, though. If the right person is out there, they'll walk in.

I confessed my food sins yesterday, but it didn't give me any peace of mind. I still felt guilty over it today. The only thing that could be done about it was to eat better today. I didn't want to leave the house to buy anything, not when I knew I had plenty of stuff here. I went hunting through my garden, and found fresh, healthy, home-grown lovelies for my dinner. I found tomatoes and cucumbers, along with some fresh herbs and store-bought onion and feta, for a salad. There was a large mystery squash, that sort of resembled spaghetti squash but less stringy once baked and mashed with butter. All I had to do was thaw a little chicken to braise with carrot and curry, and I found myself with a healthy meal. There was even enough to call my daughter and insist she come share. When yesterday's confession brought no peace, changing my behavior and welcoming family to partake soothed my misgivings. I feel much better now.


No comments:

Post a Comment