Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Sweet

Inspirational song: Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah (Song of the South)

Today had been just peachy up until the very end. I mean that quite literally. I had been in an excellent mood, finally rested from the hard work over the weekend. It was a Rotary day, and I got to spend it with so many of the people in town whom I admire and whose company I enjoy. It was not a slow news day, so I (along with millions of people worldwide) was bombarded with major developments to absorb and speculate about. And I concluded my daylight hours handing out the crates of Palisade peaches that we sell as a Rotary fundraiser every summer. It was a great freaking day. I spent most of it humming along to myself, as cheerful as a girl can be, especially knowing that there are now eighteen pounds of the state's most perfect fruit in my kitchen.

Then about thirty minutes ago, just as the Mr was preparing to go to bed, he asked me, had I seen Alfred lately. I couldn't say that I had seen him since I came home from selling the peaches. He put his shoes back on and circled the block a couple of times, while I started looking in typical sleeping spots inside. Neither of us found Alfred. He went ahead to bed, and I took over searching the alley, with no more success than he had. I went out front and looked up and down the street, with the same result.

This is not the first time that naughty boy cat has decided to roam the neighborhood late at night. I have had several occasions to worry about his absence. Chances are I will not be sleeping well tonight, getting up every half hour or so to check the backyard, waiting for him to return. Way to harsh my buzz, Alfred. You'd better be okay, wherever you are. Hurry up and come home.



No comments:

Post a Comment