Thursday, August 9, 2018

Off the Top of My Head

Inspirational song: He Knows You Know (Marillion)

For the last year, regular treatments with Botox have eliminated more than 90% of my migraine issues. It's rare that one breaks through. Today was one of those unfortunate days. I lost most of it. There have been far worse days, but this was bad enough for the day to be a waste. I suppose the pain was milder than it could have been. Just a little ice-pick-through-the-top-of-the-head kind of feeling. For the most part, the muscle aches were worse, never easing even after a soak in the hot tub. And I needed to sleep a lot. I think I had about four instances where I conked out, for between five minutes and an hour. Now it's late and my headache is gone, and I'm only a bit stiff and sore still, but otherwise, I'm okay. Don't really have a lot to talk about after a day like this, unfortunately. I didn't do a lot around the house. I didn't go anywhere. (Disclaimer: I never even showered or dressed, so I never tried.) I sort of watched the news for part of the day, but I couldn't focus on that while the ice pick was in the top of my head. I didn't even pick back up the novel I started half-heartedly reading a day or two ago.

I did see the tail end of posts declaring something about a national or international cat day, maybe yesterday or the day before. How did I miss that? Oh, I know. Because every day is cat day here. Can't let those guys get any more full of themselves than they already are. Then we'd never have peace.


2 comments:

  1. That poor cat. He has never met his Gramma Judy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, his birthday is next week. You could come surprise him, and we will throw him a party.

      Delete