Friday, August 31, 2018

I Knew It

Inspirational song: Bloody Well Right (Supertramp)

It brings me little joy to be right about everything I said last night. I needed every minute of today for recovery, and there are still two hours to go to get them all in. I did way too much hard labor and every muscle is screaming today. My arms and legs feel like they are choking with edema even though there isn’t even a hint of swelling. My right hip is on fire from inflammation, which makes being lazy in bed feel awful. And maybe it’s my eyes trying to get used to the new glasses prescription that made me sleepy enough to take two short naps this afternoon.

It’s not all bad though. This is the kickoff for my college football season. I have the Rocky Mountain Showdown on tv as I write, and the Buffs are holding a comfortable lead. I hesitate to say winning, as I still have flashbacks to the game in Kansas when they blew a 52-3 lead in the second half. They are leading, and that is as much as I will assert. There are some very talented young men on the team, which makes me optimistic that the next eleven weekends will be fun for me.

I barely touched my phone today. Took no new photos, not even of the football game. How about the Halloween decoration I clearly need for a blog like this? They have a huge Zoltan at Lowe’s that I’d love to put on my lawn. As good as I was about predicting exactly how this day would go, it would be the perfect avatar for me, wouldn’t it?



No comments:

Post a Comment