Saturday, March 23, 2019

Bobblehead

Inspirational song: Evangelina (Hoyt Axton)

Maybe it was the muscle relaxers six hours ago. Maybe it was the exquisite Mexican food (bacon-wrapped, goat cheese stuffed Anaheim peppers with chutney and pumpkin seeds) from Cyclhops and the rocky road milkshake that filled my belly and slowed me down. Maybe it was the stress of almost two months of wondering what this latest health twist would entail, and the sudden relief of learning that it wasn't going to be as horrible as I really thought. Or maybe it was just how horribly I've been sleeping lately. I'm wiped out, and I'm afraid if I don't go ahead and post now, I'll fall asleep with the lights and TV on, and by the time I'm coherent again, tomorrow's basketball games will already be on.

My basketball bracket is still hanging in pretty well. So far in the second round I have identified seven of the Sweet Sixteen correctly, and if the second half of the Auburn/Kansas game goes like the first, I'll have all eight from today right. I've missed two automatically for tomorrow, from my errors in the first round of sixty-four teams. But overall I'm pretty chuffed about this bracket. I'm ranked just above 2200 on the CBS website where I entered it, owning 41 of 45 possible points. This means I can happily drift off to sleep, God willing and the creeks don't rise, watching Auburn stomp the Jayhawks. I can put off until tomorrow coming to terms with the fact that I selected Duke to go all the way. What was I thinking? Ew. But if I'm right, I'm right. Will know in a few weeks.

My March Madness cuddle buddy:



No comments:

Post a Comment