Friday, September 6, 2019

No Red on Game Day

Inspirational song: I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (v. Postmodern Jukebox ft. Rogelio Douglas Jr.)

I could have gone to Boulder tonight, if I had had any energy by this evening. It was a Stampede night, the second one of the season. The football team, band, cheerleaders, and a whole cast of superfans were on the Pearl Street Mall, making a whole lot of noise, and I missed it. Tomorrow is a big game for us, a throwback to my college days when we were still in the Big 8. CU plays Nebraska, and just like when I was in band in the 80s, there are going to be a whole lot of us very excited about this match. I have already promised myself I would dig out my last set of eyeglasses, so that I do not wear the red frames on game day. I will be wearing black and gold all the way down to my smalls, as I should be. Sko Buffs.

I worked on tiny details of things today, and I'm having trouble focusing my eyes now. I almost gave myself permission not to write more than "eyes are twitching, will write tomorrow." I'm trying to push myself to do more, but it's difficult to look at anything for more than a few seconds. It might be a precursor to a migraine, as this has been before. My eyes feel like they aren't completely in the right spots in my head, which has been a migraine warning sign for more than fifteen years. I'd like to hope a good night's sleep will chase it away. I need to be able to use my eyes tomorrow. Well, no, I don't technically need to. I can listen to the game on KOA radio and see it in my mind's eye. But I want to watch it next door on T's obscenely giant television, with him and his girlfriend who was also in the Golden Buffalo Marching Band, just much (MUCH) more recently than I.

It's a quiet night at Smith Park. The Mr is spending another night at his cabin, trying to finish the last few panels of the steel roof. He put the chimney vent into the steel panel, but ran out of battery power to cut the corresponding hole in the roof. Cross your fingers that the solar panels recharge the batteries in time for him to come down the mountain and see the game with us. These things are much more fun when they are group events. Also, I stole one of his pictures from the mountain for tonight, as I warned him I would. My pictures weren't very good today.


No comments:

Post a Comment