Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Unclutter

Inspirational song: I Am the Walrus (The Beatles)

Boy, it's a good thing I'm not shy. They gave me the CT scan to prepare my radiation therapy this morning. The tech spent about twenty minutes getting me settled and positioned just so, and then it was in and out of the machine for a handful of scans. After that, she pulled out a digital camera and took pictures all the way around to mark my exact position and show which bolsters and foam pads they used. Oh, and did I mention that for all of this I was completely topless? Yeah. Good times. Glad I just don't care about that sort of thing anymore.

The scans were necessary partly to locate the Biozorb marker where the tumor used to be. They will turn all this data over to number crunchers who work out the complicated equations and decide whether I can get the twice a day radiation for one week or do I have to do the long form, once a day for multiple weeks. I might know as soon as Friday what the determination is.

Going out, getting the scans, making a quick run to Target (where they had NO half and half, and I had gone there because they sell it by the half gallon), going to Rotary... I ended up wiped out of energy, which is unfortunate. I had a lot I needed to accomplish at home today, and I maybe got through just over half of it. When I woke this morning, I had table pieces on sawhorses and drop cloths in my kitchen. The floor was covered in sawdust and wood chips. I was supposed to declutter the whole main floor, because I have been gifted with a team of house cleaners for tomorrow. They will do a deep clean, but their job is not to organize my crap. I picked up a lot of big things that I don't want them to deal with. I had to take a lot of sit down breaks, but I got through the worst of it. If I put an hour or two in the morning toward clearing off my key table, side table, and a few other piles of clutter (that belong in the tool collection in the garage), I should be ready. I'm so excited for tomorrow. My friend who gave me this loves me so much, and I have elevated her to deity status in my heart.

All the heavy lifting of the last few days has made me hurt in places I forgot I owned. Lucky for me, I've healed enough from everything (particularly the port removal) that I could soak in the hot tub, stretching out all those locked up muscles. When I came out of the tub, there was a little fuzzy black face giving me all the guilt for not letting her go outside and play after dark. It's not the greatest photo I've ever taken, but it captures The Look well enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment