Sunday, November 24, 2019

Bell Epoch

Inspirational song: Do You Want to Build a Snowman (Frozen)

While it’s not fair to say this day was a total waste, I don’t want to make it seem better than it was. Either something I ate in the last few days was plotting to take me out, or a stomach bug decided that my time had come. No one needs to hear the specifics, but suffice it to say my money is on the stomach bug. Thankfully it appears to be of the 24-hour variety, and I expect tomorrow to be much more valuable.

We will have to be up and at ‘em early tomorrow, to get everything done before our daughter arrives for the holiday. I’ll need to do my grocery shopping early too. A monster storm is due by nightfall, just in time for us to worry about the airport running on schedule. So naturally, knowing I need to get up early, I’ve stayed up late, delaying my responsibilities. I’ve been gorging myself at a Kristen Bell smorgasbord. I watched about half of Frozen on the new Disney app before we settled in to marathon more Good Place. We are now about waist deep in season 2. A great distraction from my stomach bug, but not helpful for long term self care. More rest is on tap to heal the rest of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment