Friday, November 22, 2019

Denied

Inspirational song: Christmas Scat (Muppet Christmas Carol)

A storm is approaching. It’s too early to know how bad it’s going to be yet. It appears I will be wading through insurance denial hell. I’m anticipating being very angry and very upset, by varying degrees. I’m starting with angry, because this is something that is long since completed, and as with everything, when I agreed to it, it was with an “if insurance approves” caveat. It was finished in May, and I only just now found out there was a problem. Two denials, and no one said an effing word. When I know more, I’ll explain more fully. I don’t yet know whether I will be charged the full amount.

It came when I was at a weak moment, so I am going to wait until I’m more rested to figure it out. My rheumatologist took blood from me today, more than usual because of my report of a very bad quarter. Any quantity more than one small vial of blood, and my whole day is wrecked. I had to do a loop and a half around Costco on the way home, and then carry in what I bought. By the third trip in from the car (I didn’t buy that much, I just didn’t get a box and I can’t lift much anymore), I was ready for a serious rest. A couple of hours later, I was woken with a thick letter from Health Net ruining the rest of my day.

I’m pretty sure I had something much nicer to write about when I started kicking around ideas this morning. All of that went out the window. Fingers crossed for a decent resolution, so I can reset and write about positive things soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment