Friday, November 1, 2019

Pink Cheeked

Inspirational song: Walking on the Moon (The Police)

Hey, did you guys know that snow is super reflective? I'm sure you did. I'm sure I did too, but that doesn't mean I prepared for it. I went wandering around today, without sunscreen. I really wasn't out that long, but it was long enough to turn me fuschia and trigger the usual lupus reaction. I had plans to go out and replace our mutilated plastic snow shovel with a classic metal one, and maybe pick up a bag or two of clearance Starbursts to take over when I can't face another mini chocolate bar. Instead, I settled on a little nap, still promising to go out to fill a shopping cart with fruit-flavored candy. I told myself the lie until at least seven this evening. And then I admitted defeat, that the sun won this round. Even after dark, I was drained, more mentally than anything. It took me almost five hours to pick up the computer and fulfill my nightly commitment to myself. With my brain thoroughly toasted from a few minutes of reflected sunlight, one poorly-written paragraph will have to suffice.


No comments:

Post a Comment