Thursday, November 28, 2019

Reclaiming My Wine

Inspirational song: Baby Mine (Dumbo)

Look. I'm a pragmatic girl. I know people have better things to do on Thanksgiving than to read me. I had better things to do myself. I'm at the end of a glorious holiday just as I want to be: content, more than a little intoxicated, tired, sore, and among excellent company. Finding the energy to write is a challenge, and knowing that my audience is most likely in the same place I am makes it doubly hard to press on. I have big, fun news to announce, but I'm too tired to be eloquent. It will have to wait until I can put more words together properly.

I hope you all had as good a holiday as I did. Every single member of my in-law family was present today. It was an enormous crowd, and cause to take a huge family photo, like they haven't in years. For some reason, they didn't want goofy auntie holding a full wine glass in the picture. Someone whisked it out of my hand. Once the picture was done, I had to chase it down, chanting "reclaiming my wine!" The day was terrific and I loved the chance to catch up with the whole gang.

We closed out the day piled in a giant half-circle, sleeping dogs draped over half of us, playing games. If my good fortune holds, I'll be sacked out like those dogs in less than 30 minutes. It's a great way to end a superior day.



No comments:

Post a Comment