Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Thanksgiving Nachos

Inspirational song: My Hometown (Charlie Robison)

And now all is right in the world, for one cold night. It snowed to beat the band last night, as they predicted it would. We topped out just over a foot. I believe the measurement on our big cube of a compost holder was 13.5 inches. As a bonus, it's heavy wet snow. It meant that it was a drag for the Mr to shovel multiple times, but it also means that the ground will get a thorough soaking as it melts over the next week or two. I'm always down for free water from the sky in my yard. I didn't get a whole lot of sleep overnight, waking dozens of times to check out the window (and toss and turn and never find the proper sleep temperature for my body). When I gave up on sleep and made a fresh pot of coffee around 8 this morning, the snowfall was mostly over. A few flakes blew around this evening, but really, it's done until Friday.

The airport in Denver was shut down overnight, but it opened back up mid-day. My daughter's rescheduled flight in was delayed an additional hour, but eventually she landed and took the bus up the highway to Boulder. We picked her up on the south end of town, and drove through a few neighborhoods, looking at the lights. The star on the Flatirons is a family favorite (I've told that story before, I think), and we went around the Hill, Pearl Street, and around to where we could see the Bandshell. I got a few pictures, but I was more interested in talking than photography.

We had a nice, quiet evening at home. We pooled efforts on dinner, which turned out very well despite a spicing accident. (In a dimly lit cabinet, ground cloves look like the same color as chili powder. Luckily, they don't spoil a taco seasoning when there's enough other stuff to cover it.) We made hot toddys and watched The Mandalorian. Relaxing was the top item on the menu.














No comments:

Post a Comment