Friday, January 3, 2020

Ahead of Schedule

Inspirational song: Lullaby (Shawn Mullins)

While it might be awesome to stay up to regular time--midnight or later--waiting for inspiration to strike, I just don't want to. That sounds like torture right now. I'm sleepy tired and I have a tummy ache. Nothing in that is going to make a good story suddenly appear. I could lie and pretend otherwise, but I'm smarter than that. I am hoping that by the time local news comes on at 10, I will have taken my pills, changed into jammies, and turned off the lights. 

I wish I had had my camera in hand when I dumped a bagful of fresh crickets into the lizard cage. Bruno's pose when dinner finally appeared after a long holiday would have been a great photo for tonight. He seemed so earnestly surprised and happy when crickets started dropping from the sky. It's kind of how I'm facing the prospect of an early bedtime, as if I can't believe something so cool is happening to me. I'll be fine without the sky raisins, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment