Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Meme Life

Inspirational song: Fantasy (Aldo Nova)

Why do we share memes? Because they strike a chord of familiarity in all of us. We see ourselves in them. Just today I found myself accidentally acting out multiple memes, one of which I had nearly forgotten. 

In the early days of the internet, back when my old AOL address wasn't an embarrassing joke, there was a subset of the I Can Haz Cheeseburger cats called (if I recall correctly) Upstairs Cat and Basement Cat. Upstairs cat was white, and supposed to represent heavenly themes. Basement cat was black, and made to seem more demonic, in a cat meme level. This morning, my daughter greeted me as she so frequently does, with a photo of one of her cats, with no caption. I answered as I typically do, with the one closest to me. As soon as I sent it, I saw the meme. Behold:

Later, over our weekly D&D game, another--newer--one played out before our eyes. I don't think it requires much set up. The meme is included.

And people wonder why I am such a cat enthusiast. Seriously. What would I do for entertainment without them?

You know, maybe I can throw in one more, just for fun. No internet references attached. Just a good boy who knows he's about to get a little cereal milk. It seems like a good way to close out my theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment