Saturday, January 11, 2020

Expected Results

Inspirational song: My Last Breath (Evanescence)

As night follows day, fatigue follows bursts of activity. So-called normal people could probably recover after a good night’s sleep and maybe an extra cup of coffee. It will take a bit more than that for me to shake off the effects of two days of highway driving. I’m moving slowly today and struggling with coherent thoughts. I failed to circle back to the house cleaning I put off for the two days we were out of town. I’m somehow not surprised. My whole body feels like it always did when we packed a moving truck ourselves, as if every single muscle was strained to the limit and I just kept on pushing. I tried to act normal for part of today, going out to lunch and shopping with friends and family. That just left me with heartburn and more fatigue. I fell asleep during one of the playoff games, and had zero regrets over missing the action. It seems redundant and unnecessary to keep going on about how tired I am. My composition won’t improve with volume. I’m off to sleep, and maybe if I’m lucky, actual rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment