Monday, January 27, 2020

Impulse Control

Inspirational song: I Don’t Know (Ozzy Osbourne)

Will I ever find a new reservoir of self-control? Will there come a day when I can again walk through Target without skimming through kid stuff? I’m not feeling positive that the day will come soon. In fact, it’s getting harder to steer away from the fun stuff. To date I spend most of my time perusing the clearance racks, so maybe that can be the balm on my sore conscience.

Do we need more tiny clothes? Probably not. But who could pass up a classic blue sweater for a kid who will live in Colorado? Expect to see it in use no sooner than winter 2021-2022. Until then, I have a good storage spot.

For all that I’m trying to resist clothes, I am letting my shopping cart merge into the highway of toy purchases. Not up to full speed yet, but one of the basic necessities jumped into my hands. Every grandma’s house needs one of those stacking ring toys. It’s mandatory.


No comments:

Post a Comment