Saturday, January 25, 2020

Messaging

Inspirational song: Ms. Jackson (OutKast)

Wait, was it always like this? Surely not. Spencer’s didn’t use to be this far out there, did it? When did it switch from fart jokes to actual bondage sex toys? I had to go in one when I went to a mall with one of the kids, and I was honestly surprised at how far they have pushed the envelope these days. I guess the sophomoric humor of my generation just seems quaint now.

I worked far outside my supply of spoons today. At first, it was just going to be a quick trip to King Soopers for fillings for crepes. Then I checked my pantry, and discovered I was low on cassava flour for them, so I had to add in a trip to the natural foods store for that. And I added in a donation drop off at the thrift store, and then I just went crazy and said I’d check Target for Kansas City t-shirts to wear to the party next week. After driving myself all over town and making a fancy brunch, I threw all caution to the wind, and went with one of the girls to the giant mall that’s in that no-man’s land between Broomfield, Westminster, and Louisville. I have no idea which city actually claims it. I finally found a Chiefs t-shirt there, but I walked miles to be able to find it. I’m going to pay for it tomorrow.

Within five feet of each other at Spencer’s were conflicting but corresponding messages. I just don’t know where to go with it. I just took pictures and sent them to the daughter who stayed home. They kind of encompass my whole impression of that store now.

No comments:

Post a Comment