Saturday, January 18, 2020

Needs Work

Inspirational song: One Night in Bangkok (Murray Head)

First night was, um, a long night. Out of about 9.5 hours of wearing the new breathing machine, it would be generous to say I slept for 3 hours. I spent a lot of time staring at the walls and tapping my fingers on the pillows. I can't say that I found the experience relaxing. And there was definitely a moment when Athena was up above my head, too close to the hose. I started waving my hands to make her move, since I couldn't open my mouth to tell her to go. She distinctly did not like that.

I felt rotten all day for not sleeping. Now that could have also been from getting a vaccine yesterday, but it felt like the lack of sleep was worse. I gave the machine another try, and had a weird nap with it on. I think I actually slept in two short bursts, interrupted in the middle by what felt like getting shocked on my cheek. I opened my eyes and Harvey was looking at me funny. Did he cause that to happen? Was it actually electricity, or did he touch me with a claw?

I resisted buying something over Christmas that I really wanted. I knew we had overloaded on tiny clothes already, and I had been ordered not to make Christmas about the small person who will be here in May. I went to the grocery store with my daughter yesterday, and when I dropped her off, she showed me that she had caved into the same impulse I resisted. I can't wait to put these clothes on a tiny person who will watch sports with me (sort of).

No comments:

Post a Comment