Sunday, January 12, 2020

JGtFTB

Inspirational song: Poor Jerusalem (Jesus Christ Superstar)

A responsible grown up would have turned off the lights by now. A person with a better sense of right and wrong would not still be sitting up in the living room, cats draped all over her, listening to show tunes while she assembled puzzles on a tablet. And any normal human with a headache and sour stomach would have just gone the heck to bed by now.

Yet here I remain. I don’t know what I’m waiting for. Maybe an hour ago I thought I couldn’t move to bed because my tablet was still charging. I’m negotiating with myself to power off and sleep. Does this count as arguing with my inner child?

Today counted as the fourth day in a row when my grand plans of organizing my guest room and adding to my donation pile were punted. Good things still happened. We got all of the Christmas decorations properly packaged and stored in the garage, and through a team effort we found what was rotting in the fridge (hidden residue from a leaky meat tray and a poorly-closed jar of Alfredo sauce). Getting through that used up all of my spoons. I tried to fold laundry as it came out of the dryer, and ended up just giving up halfway through and wadding it up in a ball on the counter before fleeing to the living room to sit and rest. My stamina is painfully lacking these days, and I am not quite sure what to blame. Maybe I won’t read too much into it, promise myself I’ll clean the guest room tomorrow, and go to bed after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment