Sunday, July 7, 2013

No Loud Noises

Inspirational song: Chug A Lug (Roger Miller)

This needs to be very short. I spent hours out in the sun today, and triggered a migraine. It has been gathering strength all day. My head has been a ticking time bomb, and I took a Tylenol pm that is just starting to slow me down. I am pleased with myself for finally getting around to a little terraforming in the front. All of the shrubs were horribly neglected for the entire spring, and it has just been dry enough to dive in and clip a little. I don't like a rigid, unnatural shape to hedges, but some minor trimming and sculpting keeps them from growing together. I managed to get a wisp of air between the azaleas and boxwood, and I pulled a bit of weeds and tidied the peeling bark of the crape myrtle. Even with an extended break to guzzle water, I still managed to teeter on the precipice of heatstroke. The migraine is a keepsake of today's labor, along with a painfully splotchy face. I took a couple photos of the progress, and of a collection of bugs I uncovered under the peeling bark. And now I am going to let a little diphenhydramine carry me away from all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment