Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Remnants

Inspirational song: Sunny Afternoon (The Kinks)

It turns out mountains aren't good for tropical storm development. The storm now referred to as "remnants of Chantal" is now not expected to do more than make it slightly more rainy than it was already going to be in a few days. So that was welcome news. While I would normally be excited by the storm, we just don't need high wind events coming through while the ground is still so saturated. I would lose trees, as would most of the rest of town.

Apparently last night used up all of my available strength and energy. I had only scraps left today. The kitten was supposed to go in for a check up and weigh in today, and although I said several times I was going, I never made it to the door. I also need to go to the grocery store, deposit checks, and all sorts of little projects, and I have done none of it. Bailed out of another round of water aerobics too. I think if I make it to the grocery store, I may just get a little ice cream and let a mudslide take all my aches and pains away.

I don't even have a photograph today. I captured a bug that flew inside, and tried to get a picture of it, in the hopes one of my relatives could identify it, but it had all the energy I lacked. All the photos were blurry. I think I will give up, and get the vegetables to go in my red-wine based beef stew, and a cold dairy vehicle for alcohol. I just need to dig deep for the remnants of my energy, after lazing away a sunny afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment