Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Not My Day

Inspirational song: Duel Duet (Shock Treatment)

This day has not gone the way I had hoped. I didn't heal as fast as I had hoped from yesterday, so I had to continue to be a worthless slug all day. The sting on my wrist appears to be a fire ant bite, and it's really starting to hurt too. I had a few things I needed to buy that couldn't wait (like dog food--funny, they expect to eat every single day), so I thought maybe a little retail therapy would help. I found a couple shirts on clearance, and started feeling icky on the way out the door of the outlet shop. So I caved and went through a fast food drive-thru, on my way to the Big Evil for dog food. I really didn't want to be there, but they're the only place within 5 miles of my house that sells the dogs' favorite chewies, the kind we call STFU sticks. (And yes, those words are in my dogs' vocabulary.) So I ended up wandering the halls of the worst store on earth, getting all the things I've needed for a while now, while my stomach just felt worse for having eaten fast food, and my self-respect diminished for filling the cart with three times as much crap as I had intended to purchase from this retail chain. At least when I got home, my favorite recent episode of South Park was on. I think it's the only bright point in my day. I'm a loser....

No comments:

Post a Comment