Monday, November 16, 2015

Done and Done

Inspirational song: Tonight's the Night (Rod Stewart)

I am utterly spent. We all showed up early to the school to take the final exam, as we promised we would, and by the end of it, not one of us could string words together that made sense. Once the last of our classmates finished, we took a little break, and then went through all the questions, to see where the class struggled. I felt better to learn that I wasn't the only one who missed the same ones that I did. For the record, the instructor said the class average was somewhere in the 80s, with the high score a 95%. Wanna guess who got the 95? We all got our diplomas, and now we need to sign up and schedule our licensing exams. We are all going to get together and study for it on Thursday while the instructor is out of town. It's starting to feel so real. I'm loving this. The only part not to like is the prospect of losing touch with these folks. I've enjoyed seeing them twice a week. 

It was raining, or at least steadily drizzling when I left. It was rough seeing the lanes to drive, and I drove like I owned the whole road for a mile or two. Somewhere between Fort Collins and Loveland, it switched to all snow, and oddly, I could see better. It snowed like crazy, and I swear I had a headwind from then on. I wasn't trying to go slow, but that was the net result. And then, two miles from my house, it switched back to rain. I've been in the basement since I came home, so I can't see out a window, but I've given up on that blizzard I thought was coming. I had a good time driving through the early stages of blizzard for about nine miles, and now it's over for me. At least I had some nice practice before real winter sets in.

I still have volumes of texts to read and memorize before the big exam, but for tonight, I'm turning off the brain cells and relaxing. It's the calm before the storm.





No comments:

Post a Comment