Sunday, November 15, 2015

Study Hall

Inspirational song: People Get Ready (Rod Stewart)

It's time to freak out. My final is in about sixteen hours, and I feel like I know less now than I did two weeks ago. I've been working all the sample tests that are due as homework tomorrow, and suddenly all of my vocabulary skills have evaporated, and the ethical questions are just too gray to sort out. The only things I'm getting 100% right are the math problems. Who'd have thought? And no, it's not just the calculations of commissions that are coming easy to me. The math stuck, but what Regulation Z covers just evades me.

I did the three sample salesperson exams, and had a B+ average on all of them (89, 89, and 87.5). That is probably enough to pass the state licensing exam, and it's definitely good enough for me to finish strong in the class overall. But it is freaking me out. The lowest I'd gotten on a test to this point was a 92%, and I feel like I'm regressing. I keep finding questions that I swear I'd answered right with the wrong answers chosen. It's making me wonder whether the stress of the whole thing is getting to me.

I'm on a quick study break, since I have a commitment to blog at night. I cut up an apple and some brie, and poured myself a second glass of wine. If I'm going to unwind, I'm going to do it right. I was a quarter of the way through the first sample broker exam when my stress relief valves popped and I jumped up to get a midnight snack.

I can do this. I know I know the material. I just have to start trusting myself. And study Regulation Z. Whatever that is.

While I finish my brie and wine, enjoy a picture of Jackie trying to distract us all earlier this evening, while we glued in the second shelf on my new piece of furniture.


No comments:

Post a Comment