Thursday, November 5, 2015

Dull

Inspirational title: Running On Empty (Jackson Browne)

It's past midnight, and I still have no riveting topic to write about. I have no mildly amusing one, either. I am used up. I think I need to go on some exciting odyssey to fill my coffers with writing material. My thrill-seeking today was limited to driving on the highway twice, when I was so sleepy I was a little dizzy. Woo-oo. Move over, Jack Kerouac. Annie is living the wild life.

I suppose it's just as well I'm a boring, middle-aged, white woman. As we near the end of our pre-licensing class, my fellow students and I are going through the checklists, ticking all the boxes of things we need. Two of my classmates have already submitted their information for background checks, and the rest of us will be heading off to do that in the next week or so. I'm confident my check will be fine. I've been enough of a rule-follower my whole life, that it should be a snooze-fest of a report. Sorry, CSBI. I don't have much to offer for entertainment.

I almost regret my lack of rabble-rousing and trouble-making. Almost. It would make for more exciting reading, but I guess I'm just too timid these days. I'll have to dig deep and see whether I have any thrill-seeking reserves. I think I'm empty for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment