Friday, November 27, 2015

Hideaway

Inspirational song: Cache Cache (The Who)

I spend an awful lot of time each day playing Where's Waldo with a professional hide and seeker. I don't know how well Agnes is doing, whether she is eating enough to thrive. But she is active and mobile, always hiding in a new spot, which gives me hope. Her terrarium moved again today, so that we could get her to a place where we could attach a stick-on heater for her. It's possible her lack of visible interest in food was from insufficient heat for a creature used to much warmer climes. I had no idea that a lizard would be such a difficult, finicky pet. I want to do this well, and I can't say yet that I am doing it right.

While we were trying to warm up the inside of the lizard enclosure, we took the dogs to go run in the snow and cold. It was around twenty degrees outside when we set out for the dog park, but that didn't seem to slow them down a bit. But if we are going to make this a habit on days like this, a certain girl dog is going to need a coat. My daughter tried to convince me to buy one a couple weeks ago, and now I have to admit she was right.

We successfully hid from yet another Black Friday exercise. The only money we spent all day was on peppermint mochas. No one in our family is expecting us to shower them with cheap imported gifts in a month, so it was entirely unnecessary. Our gift giving has scaled back a lot over the years. Some years the only things we want are experiences. I am not sure what the exchanges will be like this year (although I have an inkling what I would like to find for my brother), but I can guarantee what it won't look like. The one and only shopping tradition I would like to revive this year (after missing it last year) is to find an angel tree. I do enjoy buying classic games and toddler clothes for strangers I'll never see. Just not on crazy crowded shopping days.






No comments:

Post a Comment