Friday, November 13, 2015

Learning

Inspirational song: Tusk (Fleetwood Mac)

You know it's been a long day when I can barely stay awake watching my hapless Buffaloes lay the hurt on the USC Trojans. I desperately want the second half to go as well as the first, but I can't guarantee I will witness it live. I might be watching the recording tomorrow morning. Although watching how dirty USC is playing on defense in the opening drive of the half, I might get a second wind.

It was a stressful day, from the predawn hours until now. We had a major miscommunication with an out-of-town guest, and it put several of us on edge until we had a chance to calm down from our worry. Lesson learned, give people updates before you vanish for extended time periods. A short text goes a long way. Unfortunately, the anxiety made it difficult for me to focus on study until midday. I did a little review and then took the last two chapter quizzes for the class. My classmates warned me that chapter 22 was going to skewer me, and they weren't kidding. I nearly ran out of time trying to solve all the math problems (based on closing statements), and scored a 60%. Ouch. I'm doing very well on points overall, already to the point where I could score a 75% on the cumulative final and still pass the class. I plan on doing much better than that, but it's nice to have options.

I need to get some rest tonight and redirect myself tomorrow. I need to apply myself to the material and prove that I know my stuff. I am considering this a ten-week-long job interview, and I don't want to ruin it now. I'm fairly certain I'd like to do my apprentice-level work (first two years with "a high level of supervision" by state statute) at the instructor's brokerage. I just hope after two months getting to know what a dork I am he is still willing to take a chance on me.

No photos tonight. No time for it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment