Saturday, November 3, 2018

Grade C

Inspirational song: Land of Confusion (Genesis)

I'm not sure I'm meeting expectations right now. I'd hate to have a kindergarten teacher grade me based on the last few days. I'm trying to keep up with the things I'm supposed to accomplish, but I'm only batting about .500 for the week. That might sound good in baseball. It isn't so good for being an adult. I did take some clients to tour a property Wednesday, and provide feedback to the listing agent. However I'm still sitting on a piece of information about water bills on the property that I forgot to send along for a whole day. I didn't make it to my sales meeting yesterday (the neuro issue is making me reluctant to drive solo), but I did pick up voter reminders to pass out tomorrow. We've been sitting on a proxy vote for the condo HOA, after dealing with a series of tech issues over it. And to top it off, I never actually put on real clothes today, much less actually leave the house. I'd be generous, I think, to stick with my initial assertion of batting .500.

We are supposed to meet a new person tomorrow. A friend recommended us to her friend who is looking for a D&D group. Since we have a new scenario starting in about six weeks, this is the perfect time for us to bring in a new guy. He's invited over for board games tomorrow night, so I spent the day catching up on house cleaning that I've avoided for a week. Unfortunately, I got sidetracked on cleaning my bedroom, which he will never see, so the table where we will be playing games is still messy. Kitchen looks about 80% better, but it's also unfinished. I didn't even pretend to touch the living room. Somewhere around 4 o'clock this afternoon, I ran out of steam. I practically pitched over, face down, and slept for a solid hour and a half. I lied to myself that I'd get back up and keep cleaning, but even I knew it was a lie all along.

Those vote notes that my friend (who recommended our D&D group) and I will be taping to neighborhood doors will consume the daylight hours tomorrow. I am torn between being mad at myself for running out of time to make a good impression for the new guy, and being glad I rested up and saved spoons for the volunteer work. The latter is probably better.


Jackie was so helpful making my bed.


The boys wanted to go outside too when the dogs had their midnight pee break.

No comments:

Post a Comment