Sunday, November 4, 2018

The Change

Inspirational song: Lullaby (Shock Treatment)

It's the time of year when time is out of balance and no one is happy about it. I was awake super late last night, but even with the "extra hour" to sleep, I didn't laze abed to speak of. I had a hard time figuring out what season it was too, really all weekend. Yesterday we had a gorgeous day, warm enough that we were coatless the whole time we were roaming the neighborhood, and in the morning it was pointed out to me that we have cabbage and broccoli actively growing in the garden. (Not that these stinking seeds could have sprouted back in May or June, when they could have matured and become my dinner...) Today I found a blanket flower blooming in front of my house, on the way next door. There, we were all sprawled on the sectional couch next door, watching football, and the thought ran through my head that it feels too warm and sunny to be November already. How is it that the college football regular season is nearly through, and basketball exhibition games are imminent? Not two hours after that thought, I went out to finish my GOTV from yesterday, and it was cold, breezy, and thick clouds were low in the sky. I am handing in my weather prognostication card. I'm no good at it. I'm going to start dressing in layers, easy-on easy-off, and let it come what may. Maybe I'll wear the official Colorado uniform (shorts, hiking boots, and a sweatshirt) on a regular basis.

I don't have a lot to say tonight. I'm stressed out, and risk turning that stress loose if I talk much longer. I'm like a cat. I get quite anxious when faced with uncertainty, and there's uncertainty in abundance this week. Instead of rambling on here, I'll take myself off to bed. It's time for bye-byes. I just hope that with the time switch and the stress, I can actually sleep. That, too, is an uncertainty.



No comments:

Post a Comment