Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Hash

Inspirational song: I Should Have Known Better (The Beatles)

For the fourth day in a row, I am not writing about the subject I thought I’d cover, every day since Saturday. It keeps getting delayed, and I fear each day it’s put off, the less adorable the result will be. Maybe tomorrow. (Maybe tomorrow it gets done, or maybe tomorrow I give up completely? I really don’t know which I meant.)

Following up on yesterday’s quest, I was successful beyond my wildest dreams. I went to the larger King Soopers in town, and checked in the supplements aisle for the ingredient that cookbook demands for each recipe. I thought after my research it would be in the weight loss aids, but it was one bay over, in the herbs, plain as day. I put three capsules in a bacon-leek-chicken stew, and the texture seemed just fine to me. Mr Smith-Park reported at bedtime that something in it gave him heartburn, and I really hope it wasn’t this glucommanan powder. It will be a recurring theme, and it will make it decidedly difficult if it upsets his stomach.

I don’t have much else. The drive between Rotary and the grocery store was lovely. Once again, the best views of the mountains are in the industrial areas, where there are fewer trees to block the long vistas. Down by the Left Hand brewery, I pulled over and tried to take pictures of lenticular clouds toward Boulder, and the sunlight on Long’s Peak. I probably should have gotten out of the car, or gone to a spot where the foreground was nicer, but sadly I did not.


No comments:

Post a Comment