Sunday, December 23, 2018

By Hook or By Crook

Inspirational song: Slit Skirts (Pete Townshend)

Two nights before Christmas, and I went to Wal-Mart... and lived to tell the tale! Want to know how? I waited to drive up there until 9:30 at night. I got great parking, no one was throwing elbows, and I only had to duck around people and say "pardon me," three times total, in the whole trip. It helped that I knew where I was going, and it wasn't to the toy aisle or anywhere near ugly sweaters. I had to go to the closest place to pick up a zipper and black thread, late on a Sunday before Christmas. Back to crafts I went, and it was easy enough that I spun through the paint section on my way out for a fresh can of Polycrylic. Yeah, I had to wait in line for a bit, but I was okay with it. I left happy, wishing the lady I stood in line with a Merry Christmas. It was a miracle.

My presents are not done yet. No one on earth should be surprised by this. I always bite off more than I can chew, and I already turned to ready-made stuff for three of my gifts. I started one of the homemade things weeks ago, and it just needs the final flourish to be done (and a hefty amount of de-cat furring). I'm well into a quickie project, and I might be done with it before I fall asleep, or at least very close. Tomorrow is going to be nuts. The biggest two are left for last. I'm sure this is a mistake.

Back to it. Creativity waits.


No comments:

Post a Comment