Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Partied Out

Inspirational song: Hollow Man (Marillion)

It's important to me to do justice to the photos from the Red Cross camp part of the trip. There is no way I can go through all of them like I did the last two sets. I'm a shell of a woman tonight. I've been staying up until at least 2 am every night for a week, and getting up at regular times (I think I slept until 8:30 once, though, with the regular bathroom breaks that people my age require). I piled on makeup before I went to the Rotary Christmas party, and people said I looked healthy/put together/whatever, and I straight up admitted that I was completely empty inside. I'm too tired to do more than crochet in front of the TV until I fall asleep with the noise and the lights on. So evacuee camp details get punted until tomorrow.



I don't know whether the cats did this on purpose, but it looks like a scene from a holiday version of a mob movie. Bumbles is threatening the crap out of the Snowman, who knows he's one mistake away from an ignominious death.


We had a lovely soprano singing at our party. Me, I stayed at the bar the entire night, pouring the wine, and pointing to the coolers where the beer was. My feet hurt all the way up to my waist. We were the last to leave, only because I was the ride for the party organizer, as I so often am. She and I arrived early too, to open about 8 bottles of wine to start with, and greet the rest of the club.

And that's all the good words I have for tonight. The only ones left are "I'm so tired... I'm so tired..."

No comments:

Post a Comment