Sunday, December 30, 2018

The Train that Ran Over Me

Inspirational song: 25 or 6 to 4 (Chicago)

All night long. That’s how long it took me to recreate the segment of blanket that I unraveled and restarted three times. I realized around two am that popcorn for dinner was insufficient, but I didn’t stop to get anything more substantial. My stomach started hurting around three. By four, I was on the verge of crying I was so miserable, but I kept going. At five fifteen I had gone through enough of the mass of loose yarn that I could wrap a yard or two around the end of the remainder, and set it aside. I limped down the hallway for a pre-dawn bathroom break, and all my joints creaked when I finally crawled under the covers. I have no memory of falling asleep. It must have been quick.

I don’t know where to go with the “reboot” of my nervous system, as described by the doctor Friday night. Is it okay to do it while I’m this tired? Or is that when it would matter most? I feel like getting some rest first makes more sense. Or maybe I should just put off all decision making until I’ve slept more than four hours. This up all night nonsense is not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment